Saturday, October 24, 2009

Book Sale Finds




I didn't get carried away at today's book sale, but I did come away with some good finds, each just a dollar or two apiece:

C.S. Lewis, An Experiment in Criticism;
Alain Robbe-Grillet, For a New Novel: essays on fiction;
Jeffrey Meyers (ed.), The Craft of Literary Biography;
Eve Garnett, Further Adventures of the Family from One End Street;
E.L. Konigsburg, From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler; and,
Carolyn Keene, The Clue in the Diary.

An odd mix of weighty litcrit tomes and kidlit classics that nicely reflects my current preoccupations.

6 comments:

Melwyk said...

Wow, I am jealous! I've been looking for a copy of the C.S. Lewis for a while now. Oh well, the search is half the fun. ;)
The others look like good finds as well. Today was our library's booksale; just got a handful as well, but some good theory.

sassymonkey said...

Oh, I've been to that book sale before. It's a good one.

Suko said...

Wonderful finds! I loved From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler as a child.

jenclair said...

Such an interesting mix!

Thomas Hogglestock said...

The Mixed-up Files is one of the best juvenile books ever.

the reader said...

From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler is a CLASSIC! Good work today!

The Reader