Thursday, September 14, 2006

New Canadian Small Press

There’s a new Canadian small press on the scene. Ottawa-based Bunkhouse Press, dedicated to publishing the work of emerging literary writers, is launching its first three titles tonight: Barbara Sibbald’s Regarding Wanda, Jim Reil’s Now’s the Time, and Alex Mortimer’s The Quitter.

I’m particularly excited about Barb’s book as she’s an old friend whose writing I have long admired, and the descriptions of the other two books have me keen to pick them up as well. Click here for details on all three.

If you live in or near Ottawa, don’t miss the launch tonight, Thursday, September 14th from 6:30-8:30 pm at the Mercury Lounge on Byward Street. I wish I could be there to celebrate what look to be three fine new titles by an exciting new press.

No comments: