Monday, April 07, 2008

Next Up at the Short Story Discussion Group

The story selected to serve as the focus of the next discussion at A Curious Singularity is Roald Dahl's "The Way Up to Heaven", a story that was first published in 1954 in the New Yorker. Though I'm familiar with Dahl's books for children, this will be my first exposure to his writing for adults and I'm looking forward to it.

The discussion will begin on Tuesday, April 15th; participants are invited to begin posting their thoughts on the story at the A Curious Singularity blog then. Click on the title of the story above to access it online.

If you're not yet a member of the short story discussion group and you would like to join, please e-mail me. New members are always welcome! Of course, anyone can contribute to the discussion through the comments sections of the posts without officially joining the group.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate, What a wonderful story this is! I've just finished reading it with great pleasure and amusement and am hoping I'll have a moment to post about my reaction over at CS.