Friday, July 06, 2007

Reviewed in the Women's Post

There's a good review of my book, All In Together Girls, in this week's edition of the Women's Post. I particularly like this bit:

Sutherland reminds us of our impulse to make sense of the world and ourselves through storytelling, whether by writing or by inventing ourselves, making ourselves up. She also speaks to our intense dislike of having others misinterpret or worse, steal (literally and metaphorically) our stories and erase our selves.

I hoped that I had done that. Click here to read the whole of the review. It's the second article on the page, so you'll need to scroll down a bit to find it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the good review!

LK said...

Very nice! Congratulations.

Melwyk said...

Very nice, Kate!
I also like the bit you excerpted -- I can understand that extreme dislike of being ontologically overpowered, so to speak.

litlove said...

How lovely to have such a good review! You must be thrilled! Now I just need the book to come out in the UK...

Heather said...

I'm girlishly giggling on your behalf. THIS IS SOOOOOOO COOL!! (yes I just squealed that out loud.)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful review. Much deserved. Congratulations! Hope to see plenty more great reviews of your book!

Kate S. said...

Thanks everyone!