Monday, November 14, 2005

It's Raining Books

SFP at Pages Turned asked today why the books one puts on hold at the library always seem to arrive all at once. I found myself pondering the same question when I wandered into the library this afternoon and found ten (!) books waiting for me on the hold shelf:

A Short History of Myth by Karen Armstrong;
Arthur and George by Julian Barnes;
Death in the Age of Steam by Mel Bradshaw;
Natasha and Other Stories by David Bezmozgis;
Mouthing the Words by Camilla Gibb;
Making It Up by Penelope Lively;
Open: Stories by Lisa Moore;
13 Ways of Looking at the Novel by Jane Smiley;
A Field Guide to Getting Lost by Rebecca Solnit; and,
Golden Apples by Eudora Welty.

I’m not sure where to begin. Probably with Arthur and George as a courtesy to the 512 library patrons that are still waiting for it in the hold queue...


Stefanie said...

Wow, you ended up with more than Susan did! We all know what you will be doing for the next several weeks :)

sfp said...

Oh, droooool! How long do you get to keep them?

Kate S. said...

Three weeks, with two renewals if no one else is waiting for them. But I think several people are waiting for most of these. I'd better get reading!