Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Story in Grain

The latest issue of Grain magazine, dedicated to the theme of “Scorn” and featuring an arresting painting by Tamara Bond on the cover, is on newsstands now. One of my stories, “Open All Night,” appears in it. Not long ago, a story of mine was included in Kiss Machine’s “Shame” issue; now I’ve got one in Grain’s “Scorn” issue. What do you suppose that says about me and my work?

In any event, it's clear from the content of the issue that the theme of scorn makes for some great writing. No excerpts are available online as of yet, but if your local bookshop, magazine store, or library carries Grain magazine, I encourage you to check it out.

7 comments:

Janelle Martin said...

Congratulations! I'm going to see if I can track down a copy of the magazine.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm going to try to find a copy.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Do you think that I can find Grain in Vancouver?

writingblind said...

Congratulations, I too am in line for a copy.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Kate! I'm involved with Grain and I love to see this kind of PR for it. Thanks!

Folks, if you can't find a copy in your neck of the woods, you can probably order from the website.

Kate S. said...

Pauline,

You can definitely find Grain in Vancouver. The Vancouver Public Library carries it, and likely any bookstore with a decent selection of magazines does too.

Kate S. said...

Thanks everyone!

Berlynn,

I've long been a fan of Grain but I have been particularly impressed with recent issues. Quality content and also just a beautiful looking magazine. Good work!