Friday, May 26, 2006

Book Expo Canada

I read the various blog bulletins from Book Expo America with interest. Book Expo Canada is being held in Toronto from June 9-12 and I’m thinking it may be my patriotic duty to attend. My sense is that the Canadian publishing industry has been slow to embrace the promotional opportunities afforded by the Web, so I’m intrigued to see that this appears to be a central focus of a one-day conference that precedes the trade show: Writers to Readers: Linking the Content Creators to the End Users. The subtitle makes me cringe (Is it meant to be a joke, playing off computer jargon? I hope it’s meant to be a joke) but the program looks interesting. There’s even explicit mention of blogging, although I suspect that this is a reference to promotional blogs connected with individual authors rather than litblogs broadly speaking.

Are any of my fellow Canadian litbloggers planning to attend?

6 comments:

Heather said...

Thank you for posting about this...I hope I'll be able to attend!

(www.thelibraryladder.blogspot.com)

Janelle Martin said...

I'm contemplating attending just the trade show portion. We should arrange a litblogger's panel at a nearby cafe and invite the reps!

Janelle Martin said...

Hi Kate! I'm all signed up - I'll be attending on Monday. Perhaps I'll run into you there.

Kate S. said...

I've signed up as well. I think a meeting of litbloggers at a nearby cafe some time on Monday would be very cool. If anyone is interested in a litbogger rendez-vous, e-mail me and between us we'll arrange something.

Anonymous said...

Hi..I was just wodnering, this will be my first time going to the show..What goes on there> I was told at work you get books for free is that true>

Anonymous said...

I attended two Book Expos. One in New York and one in Washington,D.C. Books, pads, bags are yours for the taking. I got at least 300 books each time plus 100s of cloth bags, pens and misc. items. It's the greatest!